The DS-2019 is the document that you will need to bring with you to the US Embassy when applying for the J-1 visa. Intrax will issue the DS-2019 or Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status after verifying that the intern or trainee applicant and host company meet all the requirements for participation in a J-1 intern or trainee program.
The DS-2019 includes the following information:
- Intern/trainee information;
- Sponsor information;
- Start and end date of program;
- Exchange visitor category and subject/field;
- Total estimated financial support to be provided by intern/trainee during his/her program; and
- Sponsor contact info and signature of responsible officer.